The Churchill School believes that diversity is the norm, not the exception.
We look at not only how smart each student is but how each student is smart.
Our department detects, intervenes, communicates, coordinates, and provides supports/resources
based on each student's individual needs and strengths.
What we do:
Our team focuses on both removing barriers and providing resources that enable all students to
improve their learning and social integration, as well as fostering their emotional wellbeing. This
work benefits not only those students who receive our support but the entire school community as
Some examples of our work include:
· Individual emotional and learning support
· Peaceful school strategies
· Conduct management interventions
· Activities that promote healthy social integration and positive social skills
· Individualized Educational Plans
· Implementation of Universal Design principles and differentiation
· Accomodations/modifications for teaching, goal setting, and assessment
· Workshops for parents and students
· Meetings with parents and specialists to determine goals and interventions
· Training for teaching staff
· Events to promote human rights
Who we are:
We are a team of psychologists and special education specialists who are committed to using best
practices to support and challenge every student. Our team is bilingual and includes staff who
have experience working in special education and psychology in other countries as well.